It's ironic that in this pic he's playing a video game! HA! 
So school starts in a few weeks.  I am thinking about what our lives are going to be like.  David ALREADY is extremely busy and I feel like we never have any quality time together! Ah!  What happens when you throw O-Chem into the mix and a few other crazy classes?!  Well we go on.  This is what we're here for.  To get an education and baby our business until it grows to the point of independence (for us). :)  But there are some exciting things going on...with school and the business.  Right now my hubby is frantically trying to put together his Graduate committee which consists of 5 professors that act at mentors and guides on his way to earning his PhD and writing his thesis.  He thinks that he has got them all now but still needs to officially meet with some.  Once this committee is put together they can all meet so that David can present his research and they can all do what they do!  Once THIS is done then the school can officially waive his tuition for the semester! All this in just 3 weeks or so.  Whew!  

Ben and I came along today to meet one of the 5, a cheerful, smiley Chinese professor who was just so nice and excited about it all.  Who, David told me on the way out, is apart of some groundbreaking research himself.  But nonetheless he was so willing and happy to help and was proactive about learning David's research.  He happily signed the non-disclosure statement (David's research is hush hush! We think we've cracked it!) and asked questions about the plants etc that David is so familiar with.  It was fun.  I am so excited for my husband as he continues his research and comes upon new findings.  I love seeing him come home with a smile on his face saying stuff like, "   ", well I actually can't quote him because well it's crazy big science words and stuff! :) But even the little things like, "My little plants are starting to grow and flower!" I love it.

 He works so extremely hard and that's why I know he will be blessed in whatever outcome is ahead.  And no matter what happens with his research he will graduate with his doctorate and we'll be leaving Logan in two years and not looking back!  OK maybe we'll glance back once.  :)  Maybe twice....I might miss it here for a second... or two.  Logan has been good to us really.  I mean we met here and fell in love here and will have lived here for 4 years!  But still whenever we go away for a while and drive back down into the valley we usually look at each other and sigh.  It's just not home.  I am not sure it will be ever but that's ok.  We are going to live and love it right now and look forward to the day that Dr. David Sherwood (hehe) and I and Ben will drive away in our little moving van. :) 

Wow...that was a tangent.  


Comments

  1. Lo. I often day dream about the en in sight as well...one day..Love your little family and all your fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cute sweetie!! love you and that good man of your and...oh yah...that baby too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts