Oh Baby!!!

So can I just be totally honest here?  I am going to vent a little...well not really vent because that implies anger...but I'm not really angry.  I just want to explain something...in hopes of....well I don't know what it's in hope for...something.  :)  I read another woman on her blog, someone that I don't know from Adam explain the exact same thing so I felt that maybe I could do it too.  She had just had a baby and she took pictures and showed her 'progress' of losing her baby weight etc. By the time her baby was like 5 months old she looked better than she did before she was preggers.  She even showed a picture of her abs and it was pretty sick...she had a freaking six pack!  Anyway, the point that she and now I want to get across is that the statement, "Oh my gosh, you look so good for just having a baby 4 months ago!" is totally, what's the word...unrelated, inapplicable and out of place.  Don't get me wrong, I love hearing this, so does every other woman who has ever had a baby!  It makes you feel great so I am never offended by this statement, I guess I am just discombobulated at what it means about our culture.  I asked my mom after I was given this 'compliment' once, 'Why did she say that?'  My mom said, "I guess it's because you just don't have that baby bump still!"  Well the truth is I absolutely do and if you were unfortunate enough to see me naked you would see it for yourself BUT that's not gonna happen so just take my word for it.  This is a whole other story.  But again, the point I am trying to make is that being pregnant and having a baby is not something that makes you this automatic candidate for and victim of extra weight!  It really is our culture's belief that getting pregnant makes you fat...and when a woman 'bounces back' (this phrase makes my point exactly) quickly she is like a freak of nature! See what I am saying!!

So obviously no one is going to be any better than they were before they were preggers unless they really work at it and it's possible.  It something a lot of women do! But the fact of the matter is if you are healthy and eating right before then why would a baby growing inside you for 9 months keep you from being that way again... and fast.  It shouldn't.  It's silly.  It's not like this baby magically disperses fat globules into your body as it grows or automatically makes your thighs bigger.  If any of that happens it's simply because the math didn't pan out...too many calories in and not enough out. Stop blaming the poor baby! :) Once baby is out, why should your body be any different? Well besides the obvious. :)  I wish women could get that into their heads and have the confidence to experience pregnancy and postpartum life with no guilt and brainwashing that their supposed to get fat because their preggers!

Wow...there it is.  And as I read back I really hope this doesn't sound bad or discouraging because it's meant to ENCOURAGE.  Whether you haven't gotten preggers yet or you are on # 3 or 4! It's all about you and you are in charge!  Pregnancy is such a wonderful thing and our bodies are so amazing!!  They know what they are doing and they do it well!  What a miracle!  So if you're thinking "Wow, she looks so good after having that baby" when you see a new mom instead think, " Wow, I am gonna look good after having a baby too!"  And get busy!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts