Welcome Home Elder Brian!!

My little brother is home!!!  I can't believe it still but in a way it seems like he never left!  Other than the fact that he didn't know my son and he's grown up so much!!  Man I missed him so much!  He served a wonderful faithful mission in the Ventura California mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  2 years he was gone!  It went by sort of fast unless you stop and think about the details....then it seems slow but it doesn't matter anymore because he is home!  Greeting him at the airport was fun, as always.  We made some pretty cool yet pathetic (compared to some) signs for him that were somewhat worthless because as it turns out he didn't even notice them! Who can blame him though right? Anyway after he arrived at the Salt lake airport (2 hours later than planned) we shuffled him off to the Ehlert's house for dinner and some visiting.  Yum!  Then we drove back home to Logan and have enjoyed his company ever since.  Although now he is down in St. George enjoying his time down there until the reunion begins!

I think it's been hard for him coming home from his mission and not coming 'home' to St. George.  I can see it in his face and in his demeanor that he's just not himself and it makes me sad.  After all my parents and I and the rest of my siblings have had plenty of time for all of this change to sink and settle but for poor Brian it was kind of just placed in his lap and I think it's a lot to handle.  I wish there was something that I could do but unfortunately I think time is the only thing that will help.  Time will show that home is simply a place where your family is and memories are made and that is certainly Logan!  For now!  We all love St. George and it will always be the place where we grew up and had a ton of fun and memories etc. but I am so looking forward to our future homes and all the memories just waiting to be made!  We are so blessed.  Anyway I hope my little bro knows that we are happy and just want him to be happy and that as mom always says, 'The world is your oyster!'  I am just so excited to have him home and to see what adventures he has ahead of him!  And I am also stoked that he is going to doodle on my table and make it look cool! Stay tuned for that!







Pulling Uncle Clark's hair



Huge crowd today!


Here he comes!

Facetiming with Robby in St. George



Meeting Ben



Little Ben pooped out from all the excitement

I am grateful to Brian for serving a mission and for being a great example...still.  He is so diligent at keeping the spirit with him even though he's home and released.  Ben just absolutely loves him too!  There was not even one second of stranger danger with him which is weird but I think it's because Ben can just feel his spirit.  He is seriously all smiles for him.  I think they will be great friends.

Now all I need to do is convince him to stick around in Logan! :) hehe JK I want him to do what's going to make him happy and be the best for him!  But I am pretty sure that would be staying in Logan! :) Love you Bri!!!  Welcome home!

Comments

Popular Posts