Ever since Ben was born we have been playing music for him when he goes down to bed for a nap or for the night.  It has always been helpful in just calming him down and letting him know that it's time to sleep.  We use this CD that has a bunch of lullaby's and children's songs on it and I have absolutely fallen in love with all of them but one has stuck out to me because I just love the lyrics...and it's such a sweet melody too.  It goes like this...
MY DARLING
"Go back to sleep now my darling, and I’ll keep all the bad dreams away.  Breath now, think sweet things, and I’ll think of all the right words to say.   Cause we made you my darling, with a love in each of our hearts.  We’re a family my darling, right from the start. 
Grow up now my darling, but please don’t you grow up too fast.  Be sure my darling, to make all the good times last. Because we made you my darling, with a love in each of our hearts.  We’re a family my darling, right from the start. "

There is nothing better than holding my sweet boy in my arms, wrapped closely and singing him these songs and whispering that I love him over and over.  Music is such a powerful thing and I am grateful that it can be apart of our lives and it make it that much sweeter!    

Comments

Popular Posts