I've been thinkin... ( I think that if I had the time maybe my blog would be as half as good as my dear Mom's. hehe) I am definately not as an accomplished writer as she is but I aspire to be someday.  

I have learned so much in these last few months.  Especially about attitude and optimism.  My job has opened my eyes to a lot of things and taught me many things that will benefit me and my family.  Mostly I have learned about what it takes to run a business.  I am constantly bombarded with franchisees who are desperately reaching out for help as they slowly and sometimes not so slowly 'sink'.  It is a tough position to be in because as it stands there is not much that I or really anyone can do for them at that point.  I've listened as full grown men cry on the other end of the phone,wondering how their going to feed their family. I've listened as they yell and blame it on us, the franchisor.  I've just simply seen business owners give up because they can't fight the fight anymore.  It's hard.  And 6 months ago I was a wreck over it. I would have nightmares about these people and about my position at work.  I felt awful that there was nothing I could do.  I literally took these peoples burdens and held them for myself.  I've had to learn not to do this.  But it's still hard.  This is kind of besides the point...

I am not out in the field with these people.  I don't see the everyday choices that they make that get them to where they are.  I don't know how they choose to run their business.  All I see are the signs and the manifestations of those choices.  And I can tell you one thing that I know is true and as clear as glass.  ATTITUDE.  It is everything.  I firmly believe that you cannot run a successful business without a good one.  And I know that I had heard this before in my high school classes, in my seminary classes and I am sure dozens of other places but until I experienced it for myself first hand I guess it didn't sink in.    

So because of this knowledge, I have made it a goal to incorporate that attribute in every aspect of my life.  Because if it's that important in running a business, how much more important is it in say, a marriage?  Or in eventual motherhood?  Or just in living your life as a child of God and as a neighbor and friend or co worker? I think for some people it just comes natural and to you I say, 'Bless you'. :) But for me it unfortunately doesn't come natural, it is something I have to focus and work on.  And maybe I am naive in thinking that good attitude accompanies some people all the time...all I know is that it doesn't me. :)And not because I don't see that my life is wonderful and that I am extremely blessed!  Because it is and I am!  I guess it's just something that Heavenly Father wanted me to work on and see if I could improve.  And I can and I will.  How could I not when He has given me every opportunity and excuse to do so?!  I am grateful that He constantly surrounds me with reminders of how much HE loves me and how He has blessed my life.  

I know God is mindful of all His children.  He is mindful of my franchisees that are struggling.  He is mindful of me as I struggle with them.  He is mindful of all of us as we hurt or feel despair or are just feeling like one day the glass is half empty.  But I also know that He is a God of joy and happiness and hope.  This means that if I really remember (like it always says in the scriptures) who I am and who God is, that my despair, however great or small is short lived.  And I feel like if we overcome that challenge and decide to have a good attitude that God is going to reward us and bless us!  Or maybe it's just a natural consequence!  I don't know for sure?  I just like to think that every good thing comes from our Heavenly Father!  Like General Conference! :) Bring it on!!    
 

Comments

Popular Posts