I made Chocolate Chip Cookies!!  They turned out so yummy!  So this is how it happened...I put a new scent in our scentsy, sugar cookie, and I guess it just made us crave all things cookie!  Plus neither of us have had CCC is so long!  And if you know us then you're probably thinking something like, "YOU made CCC?  With what, tofu?" hehe well also if you knew me you'd know I DESPISE anything soy so no...no tofu but they were made with 'healthier' ingredients if you will but believe me these are still not the healthiest things!  I guess that's why they are so good!  



So what healthier ingredients did I use?  Well I'll tell you because if it's possible to make CCC with 'better' ingredients and still have them turn out the same, meltly, yummy warm and gooey way then WHY NOT RIGHT?!

So I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour and we grind ours fresh but they sell perfectly good preground WW flour at the store.  I used whole cane sugar instead of white sugar...yuck no flavor that stuff...and instead of using brown sugar like it called for I just used more cane sugar!  This makes sense too since brown sugar is simply white sugar with a little molasses added to it for flavor!  (Silly if you ask me...why not just buy whole cane sugar and save you the trouble?) Used eggs of course and for butter and shortening we used these soy free healthy alternatives.  And as a side note, we have NOTHING against butter in this house if it's the real deal!  

I think that is all that was substituted for all the normal stuff, in case you were wondering!  And believe me!  They are amazing!  I was actually shocked because normally stuff like cookies or cakes that you try to make with whole wheat just honesly isn't the same but these could really fool you!  Can you tell I am excited?!  I just love eating healthy and feeling great.     

Enjoy!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts