By the Sweat of thy Brow





This is what we did yesterday morning.  We planted onions.  My husband and his brother decided to plant about 3000 onions which is roughly 6000 lbs of onions!  That's a lot eh?  And no we don't plan on eating 3000 onions, but selling them to the store for about a dollar an onion.  Sounds good to me!  So anyway I went out and helped for a little while and we got two beds done.  David had been out earlier that week and gotten four beds done by himself.  Such a hard worker that man. 

Well I'll just say that I enjoyed myself yesterday.  While digging these holes with a screwdriver and sticking the onion start in my hubby and I just enjoyed talking to each other about life and our future.  About our kids and about teaching them to work hard and be happy.  So much to look forward to.  So many blessings right here and right now.  I am so grateful for him and for life and for the gospel.  

So here are just some pictures of David's ducks that still live out at this place with the onions.  We LOVE duck eggs and hope someday soon to have our own yard so we can have ducks.  The one with the cool little tuft on his head is the male!  Isn't he pretty?!  



And just is case you were wondering, duck eggs are AMAZING!  My hubby's next project he wants to do is  to commercialize duck egg production because they are eons better than nasty chicken eggs!  

Who knew right?!!

Comments

  1. Whew!!! That is a LOT of work!!! but...YUM!!! Home grown onions!! Glad you're having fun!! Love you!! Cant wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts