So have you ever had one of those experiences that you just know was given to you because you needed to be humbled and be reminded of some things?  Well I had one the other night.  It was about 2 in the morning and I am awaken by an uncomfortable feeling and I realized I was sweating profusely.  Once the swamp cooler is on I crawl back in bed hoping that would do that trick but sleep would not come.  Instead what happens next I will spare the details about.  Just know that I was in the bathroom for the next several hours and I wished I was dead.  I can't remember the last time I was sick.  Besides getting sick once while giving birth it must have been 10 or 15 years since I'd thrown up!  This was really really not cool.  I was frightened and angry and tired and sick.  Well finally around 5 am I was able to crawl back into bed and actually relax.  It wasn't until this morning that I've felt like myself again and have been scrubbing everything down with oregano oil  including my husband and my baby (well drinking it more like it - except for Ben, he gets massaged with it on his feet and chest).  It's pretty much the most amazing stuff ever, but I digress.  The morning after the disaster I asked my hubby and father to give me a priesthood blessing.  It was beautiful, thank you daddy and I just really felt that this experience was truly a lesson learned for me.  It might sound weird and I can't describe to you exactly why but that's OK.  Among other things I think it just reminded me of my pure mortalness (if that's even a word) and my pure dependence on God for everything.  And it sure has increased my gratitude for our health!  Here's to praying that we can all kick it for good and not pass it around! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! 

Comments

Popular Posts