Benjamin's Blessing Day!

 Yesterday was a special day.  We had Ben's baby blessing down in Salt Lake at my Aunt Cathy's home.  We decided to do this for several reasons and I am glad that we did.  I guess it's not a normal practice anymore but I have to say that I much preferred it over the normal sacrament meeting blessing!  It was much more personal and fun!  We started out the day by going to church at 9, Ben fell asleep just as the closing song was being sung and then we stuck him in his carseat (his least favorite place in the world) and headed down to Salt Lake!  Once we arrived it was 'quiet' for a few hours before the 'party' began.  Ben got to eat and take a pretty good nap although it wasn't long enough.  I am a bad judge of head count but there had to be about 40-50 people there!  It was really great.  Once everyone arrived, we changed Ben from this cute little silly outfit to his cute white blessing outfit. :) I think it was the largest priesthood circle I have ever seen!! My husband gave a beautiful blessing, it had me in tears.  The spirit was so strong and wonderful!  Then after that it was a bunch of eating and visiting with the people that I love!  Poor Ben was in shock most the night...to this point he had never seen so many faces or been passed around so much to different people.  Bless his heart though he did so good.  And of course when the time came to put him back in his carseat he started to scream but thankfully was tired enough slept most of the way home!  And we all slept peacefully with sweet dreams in our own beds!!  I am SO grateful for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for the Priesthood power that God has blessed us with...what a blessing!!!  I know that our happiness is by and through Jesus Christ our Savior and I am so grateful for him.  He wants us to be happy which is why he died for you and me.  There was no other way...no other way that we could have hope of eternal life and happiness.  What a blessing.     
Cute Sunday outfit!  Thanks mom for the cute sweater!  She knit it!!

Me, my cousin Melanie and my cousin Stephanie! And of course Ben!

My Aunt Debbie, Amber, Megan, our soon to be cousin Jordan and Josh, my uncle Joe and my brother Clark.

My handsome brothers and two cousins Ben and Matt!

Aunt Sharon, Jared, Carly and Melanie!  Love you guys!

What a crowd!  Lots of priesthood power in that room!  

My handsome dude!  He fell asleep right before the blessing thank goodness!

My handsome dudes!  I love them!!! 
So happy!

My cousin Ben and Ben!!!  The Benjamins!

Natalie, Mel, me, Steph and my mom!!  

Me and my 'Roomy'!

The day is winding down and Chels has the touch! He was OUT!  Oh and that's cute little Olive!
I want to thank everybody that came to support us and to be there.  And for everyone who helped with everything!  It was a great day and a great celebration!  I could not be a happier girl!!

Comments

Popular Posts