We had another great weekend!  Sure I was scared for my life while gettin' to where we were goin' but thank goodness for a cautious, down to earth, wonderful and experienced husband driving through the unexpected elements!!  We took a trip up north to Boise for a long awaited surprise 70th Birthday Celebration for my father-in-law!  I found out while we were there that this had been in the making since our wedding!  David's brother and sister-in-law were the ones that hosted it, bless their hearts and it turned out so nicely!  While waiting for the birthday boy to arrive we all just relaxed, prepared food, played the Wii and sat by the fireplace (that was me).  And while I was doing this I thought I would get a picture of my adorable husband kicking back on the couch with his little bro playing the Wii.  This doesn't happen very often if ever so I thought it'd be good to catch on camera. 




So Gary (my father-in-law) had no idea that most of his kids and grand kids were in town so when we saw their car pull up we all excitedly but quietly filed down the small hallway by the front door.  Once they came in, Nicole, the hostess gently invited him to come in until his back was to us.  Then she pointed behind him so when we turned around we all yelled, 'Surprise!' and got to see the look on his face!  He was very happy he said, 'Oh you're all here!'  So that was an extreme success.  And the surprises just kept going!  Mike (David's brother) had been secretly working on a motorcycle that almost exactly resembled the one that he used to own when he was younger.  It was also the bike that Anita, his wife, rode on with him the first day they met!  It's a funny story actually.  I am probably going to butcher it but I guess they were at a dance and they saw each other, started talking and wanted to get out of there.  He put her on his bike and drove her to his mansion, in fact he drove right up the driveway through the front door!  Anita was very twitterpated at that point. :)  The rest is history!  So it was very fun for both of them to see this bike, a blast from the past and even better when Mike told him that it was his if he wanted it!  What do you think he said?!!  Duh!! 



I just can't wait for them to be driving around on it together up in their little town.  How fun!  Go Gary!!  I just love my in-laws.  I am very lucky to be able to call them family and be around them when we can be.  I am grateful they love me and accept me too!  

David, his two sisters and Mom and Dad. Oh and of course new baby Logan! 

Comments

Popular Posts