This weekend has been wonderful!  First we had an unexpected visit from our good friend Lauren and her darling baby girl, Madeline.  This amazing family moved away about a month ago so we miss them very much and appreciated the visit!  Madeline is one of those babies just full of personality.  Her many facial expressions keep you smiling, laughing and wanting more.  She is so smart and lovable too!  I snapped a few pictures while they were here.  I also had a video but for some reason it's not working so enjoy these other pics too!


  This is Madi playing peek-a-boo. So cute! Here are some that Lauren sent me....talk about cheese! :)



Dontcha just wanna wrap that up and eat it with crackers?!!  Love this girl and love this family.  

The next excitement of the weekend was an evening with a long lost roommate who I hadn't seen in TOO LONG! Her name is KC and she was my flat mate our first year in college when we lived in the jail cells. :)  We were lucky that we got each other as roommates and blessed that a life long friendship emerged from it.    I am proud of KC for her life and example to me and if you're reading this KC I know your rolling your eyes so STOP IT!  We had a fun night of delicious dinner (compliments of my husband) and yummy dessert (compliments of KC).  BTW KC you left your ice cream here and I sense you did that on purpose you sneaky bum!  Anyway I should have snapped some photos this night because I fear it will be too long before I see her again!  I love you Roommate! 

The last adventure of the weekend was cleaning carpets!  One of the many perks of my job is we get to schedule and take the carpet cleaning van anytime we want to clean our own carpets or anyone Else's that we want to!  So in case you didn't know Chem-Dry is the worlds best carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning system and as such can be pretty pricey but you get what you pay for!  So it's nice to be able to learn how to do it ourselves and have extremely clean carpets for free!  So anyway the main tool to clean the carpets is called a PowerHead.  It has a patented attachment that makes it what it is and why it does such a good job!  In a nutshell it spins and shoots out the carbonated solution (The Natural, also another thing unique to Chem-Dry) deep into your carpets and the carbonation brings the dirt up the top of the carpet!  That's when you go back over and suck it off!  I was actually disgusted with the amount of dirt that came up out of our fairly new carpets!  It was awesome!  This PowerHead is not an easy thing to maneuver.  You lift it up to go right, down to go left, sideways to go forward and the other sideways to go backward.  Or vise versa!  If you don't know how to do it it will go wild and hit walls and crack nearby tile!  But my brave husband gave it a shot because we wanted to learn and would you believe he learned that thing in a matter of minutes?!!  We were all impressed. That's my baby!  I'm just glad because now we can clean carpets whenever and one of us knows how to handle it! 


This is our little neighbor, Ethan.   He is too much fun.  His parents are the experts on cleaning who taught us all we know. :)  Thanks guys!  Ahhhhhhhh clean carpets and clean chair.  I love you Chem-Dry and I love you Baby!  Technically our weekend isn't over so we'll see what more adventures we have but I say BRING IT ON!  


Comments

Popular Posts