Almost two years ago I was in a wonderful town called Tomball, Texas.  I was busy tracting, proselyting and trying to share the gospel with the people there.  On my journey I had angels who supported me, kept me warm and my belly full.  Who gave me that special care that was needed in order for me to keep going on my very difficult mission.  Some of these angels came in the form of a family named the Hydricks; Brother and Sister Hydrick, Micah, Jasher, Malachi and Sariah.  The spirit you felt when you walked through their front door was always like a  rejuvenation for me.  It seems like just yesterday that we were there.  I remember FHE, spiritual messages, many delicious dinners, cleaning up after the Hurricane  Ike and much more!.  Always accompanied by Brother and Sisters Hydricks warm smiles and willing hands.
Well the reason I am telling you this story is because while I was there, Sister Hydrick showed us her quilt room full of her amazing projects and beautiful quilts!  I immediately fell in love with one particular quilt.  It was a Red Hats Society quilt.  If you aren't sure what that is go here to learn more fun facts!  And ya sure, I might only be considered a 'pink' hatter but I can still enjoy right?! Well yesterday I received a most wonderful surprise!  I opened the box addressed to me and low and behold it was a Red Hats Society quilt!  BEAUTIFUL!  See for yourself! It's so funny too!

The one lady says, "What is it we are supposed to be doing with this stuff?" The other one, "I don't know dear, I haven't a clue."

This lady is at 'Victorias Tell All" and one day it dawned on her that she was no longer a B-cup! hehe

The dresses are flappy!  So cute!
 
  I love my new quilt and I love the Hydricks!  But WAIT it gets better!  I also found out at this same time that this wonderful family is going to be moving to Utah and not only to Utah but to LOGAN! Ahhhhhhh! This cold, dreary place is going to be just a little brighter with their warm spirits and I can't wait to see them again!  I am so grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I had to share it so I could meet wonderful people like these!  THANK YOU THANK YOU SISTER HYDRICK AND FAMILY!!  I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Comments

  1. What a sweet friend to give you such a work of art and how fun that you'll be in the same town!! I loved getting your waffle recipe and we will definitely see if we can get Kim off Krustez! Merry Christmas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts