It's beginning to 'look (and feel) (and smell) a lot like Christmas'!!  Last night we saw the first signs of snow and this morning it has continued!  I love looking out my window and being able to see beautiful white flakes softly fall and it beginning to pile on the tops of the fences and tree leaves.  In church today, my hubby and I decided we were going to go make snow angels, snow mans and snow balls to throw at each other for family night. 

So not only does it really look like Christmas outside, it of course SOUNDS like Christmas!  Oh the sounds of Christmas!  There really is nothing better!  There is a special spirit that accompanies Christmas time, and why wouldn't it?!  What would life be like if we weren't celebrating this time of year?!  I don't even want to think about it!  But we do have it and that is why I am so happy!  I love the feeling in the air around Christmas time.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my blessings and for my Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful that he chose to come to the earth and fulfill the mission he was sent to do. 
The other reason it is beginning to 'look a lot like Christmas' is because of the smells!  This is mostly thanks to my AMAZING husband! I think I have inspired him to be in the Christmas spirit without him even knowing it. :)  The other day he made squash soup and yesterday he made pumpkin pie!  And yes, all from scratch of course.  How much more Christmassy can you get?!  MMmmmMmmmmm!  Our house has been filled with the yummy smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Gotta give thanks to our scentsy burner for that too! 


Life is good.  I am quite sure I am the happiest woman in the world.  I frequently cry tears of gratitude and happiness for no reason than just that.  I have my husband who is the most amazing creature whom I love more than I thought possible and of course my family who I love intensely as well and who love me.  I have a testimony of the gospel and a Heavenly Father and Elder Brother who loves me.  I have my health, a job, a home, food in the fridge and freedom.  

BLISS barely captures what I feel but it works for now. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts