Ummmmmm.....


We have been without internet for about a week until this morning.  It’s been an interesting experience.  Except for going to my parents and using their signal once I have been totally disconnected.  Not only from the internet but we got rid of TV as well.  I feel really really good about that decision but I am not going to lie, it’s going to take some getting used to.  I am used to having a free minute and wanting to relax and my choice was to flop on the couch and turn on the boob tube.  No more!  You wouldn’t believe how productive I have been this last week!  And not really on purpose! It’s just happened.  Yay!  I read a book in about 2 days which probably normally would have taken me 2 weeks.  That’s fun.  I have more on hold at the library.  I am kind of disappointed that we wasted so much money and time with the TV.  Oh well.  Life goes on and so will we!

But this whole internet thing…man!  The only explanation that I can come up with is that Satan is not happy that we decided to get rid of TV and try to live more within our means that he made this whole switching experience HELL!!  OK sorry for the language but seriously there is no other word for what we went through these past few weeks.  I won’t go into the details but for those of you who know my husband know that he never gets upset, ESPECIALLY at perfect strangers on the phone!  He is always so nice to people that are helping us on the phone, he goes the extra mile to make sure they know how grateful he is for their help.  Well it was this way for a while.  Long past the moment when I would have blown a casket that he actually started to get frustrated and angry!  Way to go Internet Company you accomplished the impossible!  Made my perfectly sweet and calm husband angry!  Not just angry, furious!!!  It was no fun.  37 phone calls, 45 representatives and 10 different stories from each later we finally got a technician out to check things out and fix the problem.  $22 for internet, it’d better be or cheaper for what we went through!

Sheeeesh!  Ok, breath and moving on!  What an interesting..test?  I am not sure we passed.  J whoops.

Well things are going good here at the Sherwood home.  Ben had his first real boo-boo last week.  He gets so stinking excited when the fridge is opened, one day I had it open to grab something and knew he would be darting for the eggs so I closed it…unfortunately the door was in just the WRONG place that when he slipped and fell forward he knocked the corner of the door.  Not a very sharp edge right so I was thinking ouch that hurt but probably didn’t do any damage.  Boy was I wrong!  After he calmed down I looked at him and he had blood dripping down between his eyes and down his nose and lip! Ahhhhhh! Freak out!  It was a thick thick gash; I was thinking that he would need stitches!  But after my mom and dad and David looked at it we decided that it probably wasn’t necessary.  We just tried to patch the poor screaming thing as best as we could. He’s been wearing a Band-Aid ever since.



The scab just came off and I think it’s going to heal pretty nicely.  Now I catch my breath every time he falls in fear that he’s going to crack something else open.  Geeze…no relief with a little man learning to run around the house.

We bought him a new pair of shoes because he keeps growing (go figure) and he just loves them.  He brings them to me so I will put them on and he just walks around the house with them on.  He looks sad in some of these pictures because he wants the camera but of course I refuse because it would just get tossed in his pile of randomness shoved away in his favorite cupboard.  I probably wouldn’t be able to find it for a while. J  Anyway, isn’t he cute?  I love that he still has his chubby chubby legs.  I am waiting for them to burn away as he runs laps across our apartment..I’ll probably cry.  We’ll just have to make sure his brother gets chubby so as to fill my chubby baby need.




It’s a real need.  Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts