Spring Break 2013

****I just realized I never posted about Spring Break!****

This past weekend and week was such a fun filled one.  On Saturday we got to drive to Salt Lake for my cousin Mikele’s farewell.  On Saturday we met up with one of my best friends KC and had lunch/dinner at our favorite Salt Lake spot called PHO HOA.  It is delicious.  Rarely do we pass through Salt Lake without stopping there.  If you get the chance I highly recommend it.
After filling our bellies (most the way) we headed over to my aunts house and met Clark, Jenna and Brian there where Clarky cooked a delectable meal of steak kabobs and asparagus.  Yum!  It was fun hanging out with family.  Then we proceeded to have a VERY rough night with Ben, up every hour it seemed screaming etc. Fun fun!  But we got through it.  The next morning we got ready for church and got to enjoy a beautiful farewell for Mikele who is going to be an outstanding missionary in Chile.  I am so excited for her and love her.  As do many many other people it seemed!  The ‘after party’ was probably the biggest one I’ve ever seen!  So many people coming in and out to wish Mikele good luck.  Also a great time visiting with family and relaxing with good food of course!  Thanks Stephensons!
Around 3 in the afternoon we decided that we’d probably better get on the road on the way to St. George!  We had a 4 hour drive ahead of us!  So we packed up including my beautiful cousin Melanie who came with us and headed out!  That drive is always a little rough even if Ben did do a good job but it was totally worth it!!!  What an amazing week!  It was perfect in every way!  We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Stephensons which is up on a hill and was beautiful as we took morning and evening walks or just chilled on the balcony.  It was so great to visit with G & G Stephenson while we were there in the mornings and evenings.  I love them so much.
We also spent some time with my G & G Sharp which was wonderful and definitely not long enough.  We love and miss them too.  The rest of the time was spent with Rob and Chels and Ben’s cousins.  It was either playing in their amazing backyard or hiking or swimming!  So fun!  The weather was perfect and so wonderful.  I even got sunburn!  Yay!  I’ll take it because it’s been years and it will probably be years again until that happens again!
Ben enjoyed being outside immensely.  I think he is born to be outside.  When we were inside he wanted to be outside and when we were outside he wanted to stay put.  He stayed up past his bedtime frequently and got dirty playing in the dirt and jumping on the tramp, letting Scooby the dog slobber on him...the list goes on and on.  So fun.  It truly was hard to leave.  Usually after vacation I am pretty ready to come home but not this time!  Part of that had to do with the fact that I loved Grandmas bed!  I slept better there than I do at home!  Don’t you worry I got the name of the mattress and will be looking for one!
Oh how wonderful it was to have a break.  Ben and I had David all to ourselves everyday all day for 5 days!  Ben was in daddy heaven.  He didn’t want anything to do with me that whole time! And I completely understand too!  He just loves his daddy and was enjoying his time with him.  I love it…and I love my boys…including the one that is kicking me from inside.  J






























Comments

Popular Posts