Kirtland!

Kirtland...the temple the NK Whitney store and a saw mill.  Fun times.


Sleepy boys


We visited Isaac Morley's home where the prophet Joseph lived for a few months.  He received several revelations here including the one about the church filling North and South America.





The old Saw mill in Kirtland







The temple.  This experience was weird...only because when we toured the temple it wasn't by members of our own church.  The reorganized church of Jesus Christ owns the temple and they give tours and information.






This store was probably my favorite place while in Kirtland.  It was in the upstairs room of this store that the 'School of the Prophets' was held.  It was where the tobacco of the men in it seeped through down to where Emma was which thus inspired the Word of Wisdom.  We got to hold a testimony meeting there with our group and it was extremely memorable and spiritual.  As I am sure you know this room was where many other revelations occurred so it was very special being able to be in that small room for an hour or two.  










Comments

  1. Totally loving this recap of NY and I'm not even joking. My computer with a lot of my pictures crashed so I've had fun showing my husband. Miss you and seriously I might call you one day when I've burnt dinner or something ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love that Danielle. Call anytime...It's crazy to see how life has changed for all of us since then...such good times! I love reading your blog btw. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts