Happiness!!!

I feel like I should be blogging more.  I don't write in my journal as much as I used to so I either need to be more diligent and that or put my thoughts down here.  For some reason opening the computer and typing on a keyboard while listening to my music is a lot easier than opening my bulky journal (its a sketch book) and trying to write in straight lines.  

I am sitting here on my bed on a beautiful (dare I say it) Spring morning with Ben's monitor on the bed side table watching him suck on his fingers while fighting heavy eyelids.  He is so amazing.  Example: last night he went to bed around 10 or 10:30 and slept all the way till 4 am.  I fed him and he slept again till almost 9.  And this is a normal night! I fed him again and then we played on mommy and daddy's bed and got lots of smiles out of him (not quite mastered the art of getting those on camera).  We are blessed.  It's been hard work though.  He has taught himself to go to sleep in his crib...self soothe if you will.  And he is so funny when he gets tired he does not want to be held, he would rather but put in his crib on his tummy and left alone with the fan on and maybe some lullaby's while he happily sucks on his fingers and drifts off to sleep.  I love it.  I love him.  So much.  It's indescribable.  Literally, I can't describe the love I have for him.  I would do ANYTHING for him!!  


This morning daddy is at the mill working hard making about 2 ton of rabbit feed.  We are lucky enough that he doesn't have a full time job and can be home most the time and spend lots of time with us!  He is growing up so fast. And he is so strong!  Soon I will have to get a video of him standing (with our help of course!) And he just loves to do it.  When you set him back down you can tell he is trying to get up again and is all smiles.  I am still not sure how I feel about him being so strong already.  It's a bit scary.  

Yesterday we went to go see Chris and the poor little man had to get poked on his foot again.  SO SAD!!  I haven't seen him cry that hard before and I almost started crying!  He was screaming, all red in the face and the worst part was the big alligator tears!  I am so glad that is over...now we have to worry about his 2 month shots coming soon...sad.  But is healthy and happy!  We just need to fatten him up!  I miss those chunky arm and leg rolls!  We're getting there! 

Man, I love being a mom.  Yes, I worry like a wart but that's just the way I am.  I don't know if it will get better or worse but it doesn't matter.  I have a husband and a mother that keep me in check (at least try) and in the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying being this little guy's mom and watching him grow and learn and experience this life each day.  Each moment is precious and I am SO blessed.  


 And have I ever mentioned that I LOVE my husband?  He is such an incredible person, father and husband.  Seriously, I don't know how I got so lucky. He is so supportive and helpful through night feedings, willing to go and do and get anything I need.  He of course loves Ben with all his heart and shows it.  He works SO hard each day on his school research, the rabbit business and still has time somehow to spend with me and Ben.  He is exhausted but I never hear a complaint instead he cleans up around the house or cooks us an incredible meal.  Here is one example...Coconut encrusted chicken with a coconut mango mint sauce overtop with a baked sweet potato...yum!


Life is good!  Life is Bliss!!!  Thank you Heavenly Father!

Comments

  1. Im so glad your writing again!!! I was just thinking that you needed to journal whats going on in your mind and heart!! Way to go!!! Cant wait to snuggle with him again...soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts