One of our most favorite desserts here at the Sherwood household is peach crisp.  It's like cobbler but without the cake batter.  And what am I saying?  We LOVE dessert here so I think I would have to say that all of them are my most favorite.  :)  I'll have to tell you about the rest of them someday but humor me right now cause the most recent was our peach crisp.  I say our but really we all know better, it's my husbands.  We made it once this last week for ourselves then once more when we had dinner over at our friends house on sunday.  DELICIOUS! 
It's really easy!  I could actually make it if I tried!  We used like 5 peaches I think and most of them were sliced up thin to go on the bottom of the baking dish but some were diced small and put into a skillet with water, cornstarch and lots of sugar,  Once that mixture thickens up a bit you pour it over the layered sliced peaches in the baking dish.  Sprinkle cinnamon over the top!  Then the topping!  We use oatmeal (some ground up fine and some whole), some more sugar and cinnamon, pecans are optional and nutmeg?  Hehehe We like to just experiment and try new things.  If it were totally up to my husband there would be some ginger thrown in there too...but I have to put my foot down on that one. :)  Anyway the oatmeal, sugar topping is mixed in with melted butter to wetten it just enough so it will 'crumble' when you put it over the peaches. Then you bake it at 350 degrees for about 45 min?  Eye it and you'll be able to tell.  Then it's best when you top it off with some vanilla ice cream!  Yummy!  We like our homemade ice cream consisting of almond milk, cream (my husband likes half and half) and whatever we feel like throwing in there at the moment.  :)  OH the joys and bliss of food! 
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts