July is Over?!

 2 weeks and 3 days...

That's how long before we leave for our trip to Michigan.

It's been fun and stressful planning for it. Doing research about where to stop, what to see, where to stay is very overwhelming but the app rv trip wizard has made it a little easier. 



You can see a small idea of it above. We are just going straight across and then slowly make our way up when there is some LDS church history sites to see. We had a small debate whether to see St. Louis but ultimately decided against it because we thought church history was more important. 

We are spending quite a bit a time in Kansas City (which is that red blob near the middle) where we will eat BBQ to our hearts content and see many museums and beautiful outdoor places that Apollo is allowed (our dog). 

I've made all the reservations and purchased all the tickets for the attractions that needed advance purchase which has taken a lot of worry away. Now just to pray for the best and expect the worse right?

We've slowly been working on a few things in the RV but the list seems to grow the more we do. Will we be ready?! I don't know!


The boys are having a fun summer but they are also excited to go on our trip and have some new adventures. I love their attitudes. The only thing they are hesitant about is the driving in the truck. Yep. Me too. Which is why I limited each drive to less than 5 hours. Most are 3-4. 


Especially since yesterday when we were coming home from berry picking they were fighting like annoying cats. Not horribly loud or outright evil but sneaky and annoying like. I told them they needed to figure out how to travel together or I'd use handcuffs and leg ties on them for the road trip. I think that worked.


It's been pretty dreamy living by the swimming pool this summer. I've taken on the job of cleaning it which is fun and the least I can do to help out around here, with how busy Wind Walker has been! 


You can tell Henry is really soaking it up.


Putting away food storage was a major priority this summer and we've done approximately 12 lbs of spinach, tons of fruit, probably 40 avacado's worth of guacamole and now berries galore! We still feel like we could have and should have done more but this trip is even a bigger priority so that's life. 


The garden is doing ok. It struggles as a first year garden and everyone is just so busy with other things that it gets neglected with weeds but today I saw my first few little strawberries and the first few little cherry tomatoes! Yay! Ironically, we wont be here to see the end of it and harvest from it but I'm sure my mom and Mericar will see to that.


When the summer started the boys couldn't swim all that well. I was still very anxious about them in the water and had to watch them like a hawk. Ben quickly became very good from all the swimming we were doing and William soon followed.


It is a nice milestone to reach to have 2 swimmers instead of none! 
Now we just have to work on Henry. He doesn't even like his head going under water. 

Don't you love those legs coming out of the beach ball?! What is that? hahahaha

I've been thinking about our trip and keeping up with updates of where we are and if I'm being realistic then I feel like I won't be able to do blog posts about each stop or experience. When we get back in a couple months then I'll be able to do a big update. On the road I will try and post one picture per stop on Instagram along the way and hopefully that will suffice for any followers. 

I don't know how people do it. Youtubers or social media-ers...documenting every single minute of their life or at least a large portion of it. How exhausting. So ya, that's not what you are going to get from me. 


Comments

Popular Posts