What we've been up to lately....

Ben looooves cheerios.  They are his new 'go to' treat.  He is such a big boy eating all kinds of big boy food now.  He just sits in his high chair and we give him different things to try and he is a pro at picking stuff up and putting it in his mouth!  Btw we love his new high chair!  Well its new to us....thanks Rob and Chels!!  


A few weekends ago we went down south for some family time.  Robby and Chels were up so Clark and Jenna came up...everybody was there!  Part of the fun was going to this new store called Scheels.  It was AH-MAZING!!  There really are no words to describe...just go when you get the chance.  And so much for the little kiddies to do!  You could spend all day! Yes that is a real size ferris wheel!!


Lucie and Ben

Jenna trying to get her super sexy red lipstick print on Ben's forehead...I don't think it ever worked. :)  

Uncle Clark and Benjamin

Family shots on the way out!  It was a giant moose!  So adorable!


It was a very fun trip but responsibility called us home eventually.  

I started a gym!!  I went yesterday for the first time and man it kicked my butt...I am so extremely sore!  But I am stinking excited to get back into shape!  I keep telling David that I refuse to get preggo again without being in great shape!  Nope!  Not doing it!  I just know how much being in shape will make the whole experience smoooother and maybe faster. :)  And in case you are wondering no I am not announcing anything...we're not 'planning' on it for a little while more. :)

Next exciting thing that has happened in our home?  Yummy 100% whole wheat bread!  Yay!!  This was my first time making bread like for reals and I was so scared but I pushed forward anyway and it turned out great!  I was about to give up while looking for recipes because so many of them pretty much tell you that it's impossible to make a real 100% loaf  because it's just too grainy and heavy...they all reformed to using half white flour...but I wasn't going to succumb.  Finally I found a recipe that was positive and used a method of soaking the flour for up to 2 hours before you start!  I thought, why not give it a try?!  It worked!!!!!!  Seriously this bread does taste the least like whole wheat bread...it is so fluffy and yummy and light.  My hubby keeps praising the spongy texture and my skeptical mother even had a slice and loved it!  (she is not skeptical of me...she just likes her homemade bread like white bread, fluffy and moist....not whole wheat...yuck! hehe right mom?)  Score!! hahaha 
So if you are as excited about this as I am you should give it a try because yes we all deserve to have a yummy fluffy homemade bread and doing it while getting all the nutrients of whole wheat flour just feels so good!!!  Enjoy!!




Comments

  1. How fun!!!! PS. You have the longest and skinniest legs, you model! Ben is so dang cute. Gah! He is growing so big! Also, did I ever tell you I used to suck my index and middle finger backwards when I was little? Haha Ben and I are somewhat twins. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    My dad makes wheat bread that is SO good. He grinds his own wheat to make it. I've made it before and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts