I haven't posted in a while and since this is kind of like my journal I need to do better at it!  There isn't a whole lot going on but we did have a fun few days last week that I should write about!  My hubby, Ben and I went down to Salt Lake with my parents for a night.  They were staying at my Aunt and Uncles house while they were out of town and so we decided to tag along!  There were a ton of stops and meetings for the business down there for David and my dad to keep busy and my brother was going to be there and I really wanted to see him!  Ben is doing better in his carseat every trip we take so I wasn't too scared about that.  We just relaxed at the Stephenson's until dinner time and then my husband surprised me by taking me out on a date (even though it was only Wednesday  :).  We went to a yummy Japanese place and then stopped for frozen yogurt on the way back.  By the time we got back to the Stephenson's my darling cousin Steph and Clark were there and Clark even had his 'girlfriend' with him!  The status of their relationship isn't quite yet defined but I am not blind!  So we got to spend a few hours with her and it was really fun.  She is a really cute girl.  We also got to see a few of my other fav cousins which was a pleasant surprise!  Now Clark is up in Washington at a HUGE music fest.  I am kind of jealous. :)  On the way back up to Logan after a few more business stops we had lunch at our favorite spot, Pho Hoa.  Yum!!  I can never get enough Pho!  Our fun Vietnamese waiter just LOVED Ben and Ben liked him too!  He was all smiles while the waiter made funny noises and talked to him in what I think was English?  The people at Pho Hoa I think were already starting to recognize David and I but now that we have Ben they will for sure know us!
Well now that we are back home it's time to focus on the garden and get it finished!  I think it's close!  I have been taking pictures all along and when it's done I'll do a before and after post...or more like a progress post.  It's so fun!  And now it's not just us out there!  I think there are like 6 or 7 other couples and small families who have expressed interest in learning how to garden and have claimed their spot in the garden!  I think we'll even make a fire pit out there and everything...it will be a fun hang out place when it's finished!  Can't wait for raspberry's!
Yesterday in church I got a calling.  I guess the Lord thinks I am ready to expand my responsibilities from just being a mom. I am not so sure about it...I am going to be the relief society secretary.  Gulp!  When I told mom she says, "That's a big job!"  Thanks mom!  But I'll be the first to testify that the Lord doesn't call his people to certain callings without giving them the tools and things they'll need to be successful at it...as long as I have the desire to be successful. :)
I have a friend who is about 8 weeks pregnant and feeling awful.  I remember those days.  I can't bring myself to tell her that I actually never threw up because she visits the bathroom often but I remember feeling like I wanted to die...just that feeling of ickyness.  Yuck.  I feel for her and wish there was something more I could do for her.  All I can say is IT'S SO WORTH IT!  Hang in there! It's amazing how you kind of just forget about the whole experience...the details of it all just kind of disappear!  I was trying to give her tips and share what worked for me and I could hardly remember!  Crazy!  What a crazy strange awesome blessing! Well looks like my little bundle of joy might be waking up from his nap so this entry is over for now.  Sorry no pics for now!  Boring huh!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts