Well my days at work are numbered.  I’ve officially put in my ‘two weeks’.  I’ve been waiting for this day for an eternity (it seems)!  Of course it didn’t work out quite as I had imagined in my head, meaning quite as early as I wanted but it never does right and I believe there is reason for it.  The 11th of January.  That day I will drive home from work and never have to go back.  Is it horrible to be so excited to quit a job?  If it is, I am a horrible person. J  

What a blessing though.  Things in our life worked out in a way that I can have these few weeks (granted little Ben doesn’t decide to come early) to be at home and have more time to get everything ready…and rest!!!  Yay!!!  I can take afternoon naps!  Joy!!!  I can unlock my nesting instinct that I’ve sort of had to subdue the last month or so and go crazy on the nursery and the house (ie:the other day I had to talk myself out of pulling out the ironing board and ironing all of Bens newly washed clothes!) OK not crazy because my poor pelvis can’t handle too much grundle work but there will definitely be some OCD stuff going on people! 

Ah! I am just so excited!  Can it really be true that in a few short weeks we’ll have a little bundle of joy?!  Bring it on!!  This last week we were so successful and thrifty in our purchases for the necessary baby things.  OK so we might have spent a bit on our carseat but if you’re going to spend $$ on anything I imagined it would be for the safety and comfort of the carseat right?  I’m excited about it and I hope Ben likes it.  It’s a Chicco which is an Italian made carseat so it’s got all the newest safety gadgets and features. 

But get this!  We were inches away from buying $900 winter tires for our possible midnight run through the canyon in a snowstorm but one night we just happened upon a set of used tires on KSL that were practically new for $300!!  And we found out while getting them put on that they are about $170 each new so wow!  We saved almost $400!! Yay for KSL! 

Then last night I was online searching for a rocker chair for the nursery (it’s been a real pain) and was seriously about to give up my month long search and succumb to using the ugly brown chair we already have…when all the sudden…I found the perfect chair!  And it was 60% off!  With no shipping and no tax!  Yay!  Another tender mercy.  The bedding set arrived and is even cuter in person than online! That doesn't happen very often! 

Now all I need in order to have the ideal nursery is a big white shaggy soft rug, curtains and a cute white nightstand and some cute soft grey throws.  So if you have any great ideas on where to get any of those things for relatively cheap let me know!!  I know Ben doesn't care what his nursery looks like but it's become my special safe place that I can go to feel relaxed and at peace.  So it's important. :)  

January 11th, here I come!  And I don't think there is anyone more excited than my amazing husband.  He'll finally have a wife at home who cleans the house and occasionally cooks!  hehe bless his heart...I love you honey!  I can't wait to take some of the burden from you!  

Comments

  1. ewww....I can hardly believe how close you are to being a full fledged mommy!! So fun!!!I spent the afternoon looking at fabric...oh my......!!! There is such cute fabric out there!! Im so excited to make the baby car seat cover!! I think you're gonna love it!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do share where you found your rocker!! I'm also looking for one...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts