We're having a son.  I still can't believe it as I say it but it's true.  I really wanted a boy.  I mean I really truly coveted a boy.  This is why I didn't think I would get one.  I convinced myself even to the extent of my dreams that I was going to have a girl so that I would be OK with it.  And I was.  I was scared but I was ready and willing.  When we arrived at the ultra sound place, to me it was just to confirm my many dreams of a girl and my childish 'fears'.  Words cannot explain what I felt when the technician pointed out little boy parts on the screen and gave her confirmation that it was a little boy in there! I was overcome with emotion and gratitude and excitement and so many other things!   Now please don't misunderstand, I am sure that if it had been a girl the same emotions would have overcome me but there was one emotion that was specific to it being a boy....tender mercy.


He will be the first Sherwood grandson to carry the name on.  He will be the man of the house (besides his daddy of course).  He will be a protector of his siblings and a peacemaker  (also like his daddy).  We will watch him receive the priesthood and be the first one we send out to the mission field.  We will watch him head off to college somewhere and choose a bride...oh my.  


I am sure he will also be a terror at times and drive us crazy.


But man oh man am I excited to see our little guy.  I am so grateful for this amazing blessing in our lives.  We're having a son, so far a healthy little boy.  


Oh!  And last night for the first distinct time we felt the little guy kick!  Ah!!  I have a feeling little Ben Sherwood is going to be a kicker! 

Comments

  1. We are so excited for you! I'm so glad you were able to go to Fetal Fotos. They are the absolute best when it comes to ultrasounds! Yay for boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats. WE are both having boys. So fun. I really dont know what I am going to do with a little boy though......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma is now crying after having read that beautiful post sweet momma Anna! I cant wait to meet little Ben Sherwood!! CANT WAIT!!! He's going to be a charmer!! Love you!! Love the family you are creating!! Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts