We were kind of spontaneous last night.  Not that we're normally boring people but I'd say that with certain circumstances we tend to be level headed and with the circumstances last night we were definitely being spontaneous.  And it was fun!

So it all started when I  got to work and pulled up my email.  I saw a email come in from my boss titled, 'tickets' so I quickly clicked on it.  I read, 'ticket's...REO Speedwagon....Styx....if you want them....' So I quickly replied, 'Me!!!!!!!!!'  Then during the waiting period to see if the girl who was apparently just faster than I was wanted all 4 tickets or just two, I text my husband and asked him if he wanted to go.  This was his response...'Never heard of them'.  hehe I just love my sheltered, martian husband. :)  Well we decided to go (if we got the tickets) because he's never been to a real concert before (or any for that matter) and honestly we just need a 'date night' since it'd been, oh I don't know...a year?!  haha jk.  Anyway later on my boss walks to my desks and hands me the tickets! Yay!  I was so excited, especially since everybody else in the office wanted them!  Ha!  Rude I know!

So anyway, the circumstances that were present that would normally would have kept us from doing something like this were 1) I am sick and still getting over a cold 2) David is fighting from getting this cold with all his might 3) we were both SO tired! 4) We knew that today (Sat) would be a long day of work at the Mill.  So there you have it!  But we just put all that stuff behind us and said lets go!  On the way down we dropped some feed off to a grateful lady who didn't want to pay for shipping and then we headed West to the Usana Amphitheater!

It was terribly funny when we showed up at the gate with a bag full of food and water and I gladly let the gateman look in our bag  because I thought he was checking for weapons or something and he was like, 'Uh..you can't have food here.'  Darn!!  So we had to make the hike back to our car and put it away (I stuffed my pockets with nuts..shhh).  I wasn't going to starve or buy nasty concert food!  So anyway we found a nice place on the lawn and enjoyed the view and show from there.  It was great.


The weather was perfect and we could see everything right from where we were even though it was far away (and our ears were still ringing it was so loud!)  One of my favorite things was watching the people around us.  There was this one group in particular that I am pretty sure was already hammered when they showed up so they definitely made for quite a show but my ultimate favorite like I told David was these older men with their wives who you just know wouldn't dream of shaking their hips outside of here were just shaking and moving and hip bumping with their wives, no rhythm whatsoever!  Ah it was great to see!  


And once the music started to play there were a few songs that David recognized so that was fun.  We got up and danced to, 'I can't fight this feeling anymore' and we made out on our blanket we laughed at people and ate our nuts, moved a few times to avoid the cigarette smoke and we even shook our hips a little!  Man do I love that man!!



Ah yes and here is my 22 week picture in front of REO Speedwagon...of course!!


So we might not have stayed the entire time but we went and we enjoyed it!!  We were spontaneous babe and I am proud of us because spontaneity is a good thing to have!   I love you and am grateful for all the memories that we're making together!! 

Comments

  1. Im so glad you two went!! They came to St George a few years ago...and I dragged your dad to the concert! We had amazing seats...like 2 row!!! And we were on our feet most of the time. Dad complains even now that that concert ruined his ears!! I was standing on the chairs shaking my bootie...and dad stood back and just watched the silliness, with his arms folded across his chest! Picture it!! I know you can!!! I had a blast!! Im happy that you exposed David to another wondrous facet of life...a tame rock concert!! Next time...Moroon 5 or some other modern day rock artist!! (be sure to invite your mommy too!!) You look great my love!!! Hope you didnt have to work too hard today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts