I've been reminiscing lately...about Texas.  There was a while there that I couldn't reminisce because it caused tears to well up in my eyes and left me feeling...sad.  I just missed (miss) it so much!!  If you didn't know already, I LOVED MY MISSION!!!  Words will never be able to describe my experience so it's a good thing I have a few good photos and journals full of memories to keep with me forever!

Can I just say that serving a mission was the BEST decision I have ever made?!!!  Now you may be thinking that, 'Hey, what about deciding to marry your husband?"  Well let me explain.  I could be wrong of course but I am pretty darn sure that things would have not turned out the way they did had I not served.  Heck, I do know it!  And if by some miracle I was lucky enough to meet my Darling David, I am pretty sure he would have kept going had I not been who I was because of my mission.  So that is why it was the BEST decision I ever made!  It seriously changed my life!

That said, I wanna share a few photos because well, I love photos of my mission and it was hard to just choose a few.  I am sooooo grateful for this experience!


This is the first 'family' that I taught...The Crains.  I loved every minute I could spend with them!  It was so amazing to see the growth in each of them that eventually led to baptism!  


This must have been one of my first days tracting and this is what we ran into!  These folks weren't interested in listening to us but they let us take a picture with their dog!




Errrrrrr......crash!!!!


This amazingly wonderful woman, Ernestine was a blessing from Heaven.  Just thinking about her brings me to tears because she was so prepared and had such a tender testimony.  She passed away a few years ago.


The Crains several months later when I came back to visit before they moved to Colorado!


I think I can actually laugh about this now....couldn't before.  This man was baptized and I truly believe that he has a testimony he was just a little confused because...he asked me to marry him!!  For real!!  Oh boy the things you'll see!
 

I think it was time for a new helmet or I needed a sweat cloth under there! Yuck!!


Best authentic Chinese food I've ever had!  I loved this family. Didn't speak a lick of English so! I learned Mandarin!  Well, a little. :)  But it was amazing to sit in those lessons and even though I couldn't understand all that was being said I knew exactly what was going on and what everyone felt.  The dad did eventually get baptized...see below.  


Sisters gotta have matching dresses!  


Another AMAZING young man who took a GREAT leap of faith to get baptized almost last second!  He created a miracle that I'll never forget.


Mission fun!



Sweet Sister Lai and I




Texas A & M Campus - we were there a lot (not sure if we were allowed to be) proselyting and contacting.  


Service after Hurricane Ike


Sister Christensen and I


Ike damage


The sunset before Ike hit


The tree RIGHT outside our apartment!


The road in front of our apts.  See the dork who tried to drive through it?  That's a Volvo too! 

OK, now that I've posted these pics I just can't believe how insufficient they feel!  Oh well I guess!  I just loved serving my Heavenly Father in Houston.  I met the most amazing people, had the most unforgettable experiences and changed in the most significant ways!  It's good to reminisce because it makes me want to be that girl again...no I know I can't ever be Sister Stephenson again but I can be Sister Sherwood the RM who remembers and cherishes and LIVES the principles and lessons learned on her mission.  

I am grateful for my Savior.  He died that I might live if I will repent and try to become like Him. He gives me the opportunity every day to start fresh if t I blew it the day before.  How merciful and kind!  

Do people out in the world know that?  Do they know that they pain and guilt they feel can be taken away?!   I know some don't even realize that they are feeling that way until they are filled with the love of Christ and it dissipates as Light enters their life.  Gosh!  We're so lucky and I am a terrible member missionary! :)  Good thing I can repent and change.   

Comments

  1. wonderful post Anna! I loved having a daughter who LOVED being a missionary!! You make me happy...then and now!! And proud!! LOve you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts