I love boys.  OK that sounds wrong but I do!  I guess you can blame it on my growing up next to all boys.  Later in life I had mostly guy friends and I felt more and more awkward around girls.  Don't get me wrong, I had a few really good girl friends and healthy friendships or acquaintances with the rest of the 'female class'.  But I was never very good at 'being a girl' with the girls.  You know, with the girl talk and the slumber parties and the toe nail paintings etc.  But I bet if you asked my mom or anybody that knows me they will tell you that I am crazy because I was always doing those things.  I guess I am just saying that it wasn't until later in life that I realized I was never very comfortable in that scene.  I was much more at home with boys around.  

So now that I've grown older and realized this, I can see what an impact my childhood had on me.  It's significant and it's interesting.  I am still that way.  I still don't feel very comfortable in a group of women (this could very well be my deep dark reasoning for not being terribly perfect in my R.S. activity attendance....shhhhh terrible I know!)  I thought that maybe my mission would cure me and I think it did, slightly, but here I am married and I am still the exact same way.  Please do understand I always enjoyed and still enjoy doing girls things like getting dressed up and feeling feminine but I guess I am a lone feminine...is that allowed? :) heehee

I have probably once again jinxed myself but here it is... I want.... and I hope.... to give birth to mostly boys!  Ahhh!  Why!!!  And if I have one or two girls that's fine but I can honestly say that if I knew I was going to have all girls I would probably crawl under a rock and cry!  I don't know what to do with girls!  What are they?  How do I handle them?  To me, they seem like such foreign creatures!  Dramatic, I know.  Terrible, I know.  I am sure one day I will be taught a very hard lesson on the subject...oooohh aaaahhhh but it's true!  

So now that I have told you my deep dark secrets, you all can have front row tickets to my life to see how the show ends up!  Exciting eh?!

Well nevertheless, I did end up with a beautiful little girl in my life and let's just say I am amazed at how much she is teaching me and I am sure I have a lot more to learn.  Who knows if this weird desire or 'defect' will stay with me always.  From the way that I see things going, probably not but it's not going to be an easy road.   And for right now one of my biggest problems is hair.  How in the butterscotch and lolly pops do you do girls' hair?  I have even searched and searched the internet for easy hairdos...is that pathetic?  They make it look so easy!  My poor girls (if I have any) will be the frumpiest little things you ever saw! :)  It's a good thing they will have their daddy's good looks to even it out :)  

All joking aside though, I am grateful for little Lucie in my life.  She has shown me that if I in fact I am blessed with girls, that the world will not come crashing down around me.  I will be OK and I will figure it out. We always do.  That's what life is about.  

OK here it is.  This last weekend I wanted to try out a style in Lucie's hair for church.  I feel like a 2nd grader trying to do Organic Chemistry when I start playing with hair!  But considering the circumstances and well...me, I thought it turned out OK...granted I took it out and tried it again 7 times but thank goodness for a patient little angel! 


If anyone has any great ideas for cute hair styles, feel free!!  

Comments

  1. You are so funny!! You sound like your mommy!! I would always say that I would prefer to raise boys than girls!! And to think that I feel that way...even though I had the most perfect daughter to raise and boys that were crazy!!! It doesnt make sense; but I hear your pain!!! You will do great with Lucie..with all its challenges. Challenges that will have nothing to do with hair!!!! love you girl!!! Have fun and thanks for another peek into you beautiful head!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts