Today's (or I should say this months)  post is dedicated to my Husband.  I just can't be silent about it.  Lately I have been terribly ill...some sort of virus, possibly pneumonia.  Shhhhhhh, I never actually went to the doctor. But I don't know if it's because of my illness that I have forced to be more aware but like I said before, I can't be silent anymore about how wonderful this man is and a blog post will just have to do for now since it would be do slippery and dangerous to climb on the roof.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a complete twit before I was sick, I knew I had caught a good one but I guess sickness does that to you, it humbles you and opens your eyes a little.


When I am sick I become VERY needy.  I need to be close to someone, before that someone was usually my mom but now my eternal companion has taken on that job.  And he does it well.  He cuddled with me for hours, he ran to the store 3 times for me in less than 24 hours to get me stuff that 'just sounded good', he let me sleep in our bed and even cuddled with me while I hacked and coughed, never complained when he had to do EVERYTHING for me, he even carried me up the stairs a few times and placed me in a  bubble bath accompanied by soft music and a glass of water.


One night when I felt like I was getting worse and I felt like I would never feel the same again (dramatic, I know) I asked my hubby to give me a blessing.  It was quite late so calling another priesthood holder was out of the question.  After doing a little 'research' he concluded that in the circumstances it was alright if he did it himself.  He asked me to give a prayer before we started which honestly kind of annoyed me because I didn't feel good, my throat wasn't ever happy when I talked but because he asked me I did it and it actually really made a difference.  I know that he felt inspired to ask me to do that.  He proceeded to give me a priesthood blessing, a beautiful one that came straight from the heavens.  Immediately after the blessing, I felt tired and relaxed and ready for bed.  I slept very well that night.  I am VERY grateful for a husband that worthily carries the priesthood and can listen to what the spirit whispers.  I am very grateful that this priesthood power has been restored.  


Eventually I got better.  Well it's a working progress.  I still have a terrible cough and a nasty nasal infection and he continues to take care of me.  My husband, David, is the epitome of selfless and ongoing service.  I don't know how he does it.  Eventually I will complain a little or I will just get tired or want to rest but this NEVER happens with him.  He is like the energizer bunny when it comes to serving me and others!!  


Let me give you an example.  This a normal day...Alarm goes off and my hubby goes in the next room closes the door and works out, he then goes downstairs and cooks me breakfast....EVERY MORNING!!  And we're not just talking cereal folks...he cooks me a delicious breakfast then he cleans the kitchen spotless.  I express my thanks each time and it's met with a sincere, 'You're welcome love!'  Then each afternoon while I am at work he works and he cleans the house, does all the things that I can't do at the moment because I am working.  When I get home for lunch, since I only have a half an hour he has lunch ready and prepared for me.   Always a creative yummy lunch!  Then as I run out of there back to work he is once again cleaning the kitchen.  I say, 'Thank you honey!!" "You are welcome love!"  All the while my honey is doing his own work, research projects for school and stuff for the business.  Do I ever hear a complaint!?  Nope!  The only thing that slightly resembles a complaint is this; "I am sorry that you have to work, I hate that you have to work."  


Wow.  Is he for real!?  The best part is the answer is yes!  I know! So cheesy right?!  But it's true!  I don't know how I became so blessed!  The ways that this man serves me and shows me that he loves me are countless.  But I wanted to say thank you for the everyday 'mundane' things.  I love you so much baby.  Thank you for being my husband, my best friend, my lover, my hero and my best example.  



Comments

  1. I suppose you know..what a comfort it is to know that hour sweet daughter is so well taken care of by a wonderful, hardworking, generous soul!!! You keep appreciating that man...and life will continue to be cherry pie!! And look for ways to serve him too!!! Please get better!! I hate how that cough sounds!!!
    Thanks again for sharing!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully someday I can meet this hubby of yours. Seems like a real winner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts