I really can't believe I am doing this but I figure if I write or publicly proclaim my news years resolution it will make it more 'real'.  It's a good thing...it really is.  Goals are really smart and important to do!  Otherwise, like my mission president used to say, it's like we are throwing darts out into the empty space!  We need one of those targets with a big red dot in the middle so we know what we're going for!  Otherwise what is the point?!!  And the more specific the better!  And it's okay if we are WAY off a good portion of our life or all of it for that matter, the important thing is that we are continually trying and improving.  And btw, if you're practicing that much, chances are it wont be long until you hit the bulls eye!  

Did that make sense to anyone?!!  Hehe...well it did to me so I guess that's why I am writing this post.  My target is to be a little healthier this year.  Yes I know, but the truth is if you put me and a 50 yr old, sedentary woman next to each other at the bottom of a hill and told us to walk or run up it, I would be eating the woman's dust!  Seriously!  I haven't been this out of shape in my life!  In this pursuit I hope to also gain a few pounds as weird as that sounds.  

The other thing that I would like to work on in the year 2011 is to nurture and strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior.  I am actually ashamed of what I've allowed it to become since my mission.  And I just now realized that of course it can be the same it was on my mission!  Why would the kind of relationship that I had in the mission field be limited to there? That's certainly not what Heavenly Father wants!  

So there you have it.  Both of my goals are goals of preparation (after all that is why we're here right).  Preparation to be a better wife and a mother someday.  What could possibly be more important?  

Comments

  1. You go girl!!! I havent been brave enough to post my goals...maybe now I will??? You make me smile. You make me happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts