We have a joke in our house that my husband can't pick a movie to watch that isn't absolutely horrible. :)  And it's kinda not a joke..it's just the truth!  But a few days ago my husband picked one out and it turned out to be quite impressive!  I think it was the breaking point of his curse too because since then he has picked another good one too. 

'Lean on Me' is based on a true story about a high school in the late 80's and it's Principal, played by Morgan Freeman, who has a major impact on it's students.  It is really touching and uplifting.  We could definitely use more educators like this man, played by Morgan Freeman.  If you find you have a free night, I would feel confident in recommending this movie fill your time.
The other one that my husband picked out that was really cute was called 'Imagine That' with Eddy Murphy.    I love Eddy Murphy, especially in this movie.  In movies he's done previously I have found him annoying or too animated but he does a really good job in this one.  It really is a great movie.  I would definitely watch it again.  Just a feel good, clean, movie. 

I wouldn't say that either of these movies changed my life or rocked my world but they definitely made me smile and made me want to somehow incorporate the principles found in them into my life.  I am so tired of the trash that is out there that when I find movies like this I have to applaud a little.  :)  Cheers! 

Comments

  1. Loved Lean on Me!! Never saw the Eddie Murphy one. I'll add it to the list. Im back on line with Netflix!!! YEA!!! I missed it so!! Have a great week my love. (I love your music here too) Thanks for helping with Elder Bri too!! Your the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! What a fun time you had with Lucy! She's a lucky girl. I have some movie suggestions: Strictly Ballroom (my fav), the Final Season and Fly Boys. I think there are two with that title and the one I'm recommending is about 2 boys who stow away on an airplane in WW 1, I think. There's a photo of Kim and his brother in it:) Hope to see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts