It's decided...October is insane.  Every weekend we have been out of town or will be out of town.  Our poor ward and bishop are probably just about to send the secret Mormon service on us to see if we've gone inactive. :) 

But we had another good weekend.  David's sister, Mary and her husband Kelly had a baby and so this past weekend they were blessing him up in Twin Falls, Idaho!  Since it's only a short two hour drive, we decided to make the drive early Sunday morning.  And not only were we treated with the blessing of little baby Logan but also with Kelly's (our brother-in-law) parent's homecoming from their year and a half mission to Germany.  It was wonderful.  (The choir even sang 'Called to Serve' and of course that turned on the water works for me).

But I have a confession.  I misjudged little Twin Falls, Idaho.  I stuck it in the same category as Pocatello or Preston or even Rexburg!  But if anyone has been to Twin Falls, you know of it's hidden beauty!  Wow!  I had no idea!  Check it out! 



This was our first stop.  This was just on the way down a road, on a bend, kind of hidden but my David knew where it was because he spent two years here about 8 years ago.  This was his past stomping ground while he went to CSI (College of Southern Idaho).  Anyway, as I looked around me I saw little falls everywhere!  This place is full of them!  And it's October!  Imagine the spring time!  Well I guess its known for it's falls because this wasn't even the most impressive part.  This was....




It was amazing.  We were up hundreds and hundred of feet and it was spectacular.  Again, because it was October, this place wasnt' as grand but my honey told me in the spring time it just goes pouring over the entire span of that rock face....kind like Niagara Falls! 

So to say the least, I was humbled and I had to offer up a silent and sorta weird apology to Twin Falls Idaho for misjudging it.

Also, as a side note, my honey also pointed out the bridge and canyon of which the infamous, Evil Knievel made his last jump and fell to his death.  Quite romantic eh?  But I thought, hey why not just take a picture...for history sake? 


I could have told him that he wouldn't have it made it across...that's easy to see.
May he rest in peace. :)

Comments

  1. Your a comedian!!!!
    I guess I have never visited Twin Falls either!!
    go figure.
    Glad you had a good time. I think the most beautiful part is the two of you though!!! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Im so happy I found your blog. It's a fun way to keep in touch. Sounds like your doing great!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts