Miracles do happen!!!  I have to tell you a little background first so you can appreciate the miracle first. :)  My husband is extremely special and I mean that in the most respectful way possible.  One day in junior high he just made the decision after putting two and two together that he didn't want to consume refined foods anymore because they made him 'feel bad' and he noticed that they caused him to 'break out' among other things.  So he stopped!  And just for those who don't know what 'refined foods' are (I'll admit, I didn't know and my major is nutrition so it's okay) they are foods that have had the 'good' stuff taken out of them to preserve shelf life, increase the satiety of the food (at least 'they' make us think it tastes better) and make it cheaper for everyone!  Sounds great eh?  Well these foods, like white flour, white sugar and refined oils actually stink!  Sure they may taste good but to my husband (and now me) it wasn't worth the sacrifice and damage it was doing to his body.  
So now that my husband is the big 3-0 he has had years to practice this new found and not so easy way of life.  He has found ways to use 'all natural', whole ingredients to make wonderful and practical things! It has not been an easy road but it's been worth it.  When I met him, it had been an unmentionable (to me) time since he had been to a restaurant.  I like eating out.  I have been into nutrition most my adult life so when I do go out I try to make good choices but I still found it hard to believe that my hubby hadn't and doesn't go out to eat!  So over the span of our dating life and now blissfully married life when I can convince my man to go out, it's accompanied by comments like, "We could do better than this, and for cheaper."  The best part is that most the time it's true!  My eyes have been opened!  But that's not the miracle I am speaking of today.  I haven't given up.  I have this desire to take him to all the restaurants I know and more so that just one he will maybe say "WOW, that's good!"  Believe me we have gotten close.  Like a few weeks ago we went to a Japanese place and we both actually wrapped our lips around a raw fish salad that had fish eggs on it!  It was pretty good! We also had a plate full of fried food and sushi.  BUT I think we have finally found the place....the place where I heard the words come from his mouth, "Wow, this is really good.  I really like this...this is totally worth it!"  Are you dying of anticipation yet?  Drum roll!  Cafe Rio!  Who coulda guessed it!  Well folks it's true and we have the receipts to prove it!  I think we have gone there 4 times in the last 2 weeks! Or more!  Today I actually said, "Honey, we might have to take a break from Cafe Rio for a while."  Honestly, never thought those words would leave my lips.  But YAY!  We can enjoy eating out blissfully together at a restaurant!  My work here is done.  I love you baby.  You are my bliss and my favorite 'sweet pork salad with ranch dressing'.  Mmmmm MMMM!! 

Comments

  1. So I want to know what he orders when he goes there? I cant imagine its the sweet pork burrito??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts