Honey, I'm back!

It's actually June, but I never posted this so I'll post it now even though it was written back in January....... 



Wow! I'm here! I started this blog long ago, paused and tried to do a 'real' blog in the wordpress world, then completely failed that endeavor as it sat quiet for years. 

But now that we have started a new adventure, something we've never done before and something we've dreamed about for years, I thought I would try and start up again to keep track of our adventures. 

SO.....We bought a fifth wheel! Not for weekend camping trips, NO! We moved INTO our fifth wheel full time!

What makes this a bit crazier than it already sounds however is that 8 months ago we bought a house. My very first house. I was a homeowner...also something I'd dreamed about for years. Well, the short story is, we had just moved to a new part of the state and we were living on my parents ranch in a little apartment while we shopped for a house. 

What we didn't anticipate was how hard that would be. The market. The prices. You know. You've seen it. Well somehow we were lucky enough to grab one. No, we didn't have the luxury of walking through it several times before making up our mind to put an offer in. No, we didn't have the time think about whether or not we really wanted to live in the area. It was a house. A new house, and it was in our budget so we nabbed it. 

After about 1 month of living there we lost our 4th baby at around 10 weeks (post about that here) and then the next few months were a blur. But in the meantime we found out about the lack of outside water in that particular area that sorta dashed our gardening dreams. We had a .5 acre of land but planting a beautiful food garden wasn't going to be apart of it. That was the first strike you could say. 

The second strike was because the basement wasn't finished we were going to need to put a lot of money into it to finish...like a lot of money...couldn't believe the quote we got! Not something we minded when we thought the outside could be what we wanted. But now that we couldn't garden (if you haven't figured already, this is HUGE to us), spending that much money on something hurt a little bit more. 

We started wondering and questioning and thinking our decision.

This wasn't going to be our forever home anyway, we were always planning on buying some land somewhere and building our dream house. Did we really want to be somewhere we couldn't garden for any amount of time, even just a year? Because by then our kids will have made friends (I would have made friends too I hope) and then we just pack up and move again?! That would be very hard on the kids and I. 

So all those things adding up just felt like maybe we needed to look at different options. 

Ever since 2018 (I don't know what it was that year that caused it) we have wanted to travel around the country with our kids. It was just not the right time because David still needed to be close to the business. 

After we moved in our home, about the same time I lost the baby, David found himself not needing to go into work anymore. We have AMAZING employees...family really, that hold the fort up and do an incredible job so he felt like he could step away more. 

This is probably the last thing that made us finally make the decision to buy a fifth wheel, sell the house and travel like we've wanted!

Ha...that last sentence made it sound all so simple. Sell the house, buy a trailer, and travel! Wala!! 

Nope.

Not that easy...of course right?

Well, ok, selling the house actually was easy (thank you realtor). We got an offer over the asking price just a few days after listing it. Accept! Done! 

We also made an offer on a motorhome in Tennessee! We had an inspection done, we were ready to have David fly out and drive it home! Fun! Well turns out it was in pretty bad shape so we walked away from it and from a few new ideas we talked about, we decided to do the trailer thing instead of a motorhome. 

Once we found the fifth wheel, the process was easy and fast. But we bought a used one, 2015 I think and so it had some work to be done before we could just take off. 

We moved out of our house in September. We moved into our fifth wheel 5 days ago, January 4th. So for those 4 months we were back in an apartment!  So in total in the last year we have moved 4 times! It is not something I recommend. 

But our fifth wheel has new floors and some fresh paint in the kitchen! It still looks like a bomb went off inside but soon I will have it organized and then I'll take some pictures. 

So here we are, in our first destination, more like a work stop, to get things organized and a few things improved...projects done. Logandale, Nevada on my brother and sister in law's land where outside the temp is hitting 63 degrees. Yay. 

We will probably be here for 2 months but what I've learned already is this lifestyle there are no rules! That's the beauty right? We have nowhere we have to be and can go where we feel like going! 

That's the beautiful and fun side of my life. Of course that's not all it is, otherwise this would be like a fake social media post showing only the good. 

The other side of the coin is the fact that David was diagnosed with CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome recently, which I will have to dedicate a whole post to.  That has been life altering and difficult. Also, I am really struggling still with the loss of the baby and how to navigate the feelings of needing another baby but not wanting to go through what I need to get one. Also, I'm going to be 36 this year...aren't I getting too old for this? 

Well there you have it. My first post in many years and hopefully not the last for many more. I'll try my best. I've never been very good at this even though I truly want to be. I love to write. Not that I'm any good at it but for me it's therapeutic. So here's to 2022 being about therapy. Therapy to my soul and my body. Which will in then turn be therapy to my little family around me.  


 




Comments

  1. I am SO happy you're back!!!! Please keep posting! I loved your most recent post about the travels to Lucy's ranch (she seems so awesome) and to the fossil dig. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts