I love weddings! I hate goodbye's!

We had another great weekend.  David took his last final on Friday morning and when it was over he was noticeably more relaxed.  I kept asking him if he was OK because he was so mellow and quiet...he kept telling me he was just relaxing and chilling. :) I am glad...he deserves it more than anyone.  

I am sure that the dreaded departure was part of it too...even though we tried to ignore it and just have fun we knew that come Sunday morning we would be saying goodbye for 10 whole days!  We didn't want to say goodbye.  

BUT! We still had some fun.  Friday night was Aunt Cathy's surprise birthday party which was hosted by her two daughters and husband...a complete success! She had no idea!  Lots of yummy food and visiting with fun people!  

The next day was wedding day!  We were able to witness the sealing of these two and it was beautiful! And such a beautiful day!  We didn't mind one bit waiting outside for them to come out!  Congrats you guys!  You are such an awesome couple!





These two pics are out of order (I stole them from Aunt Sharon...thanks Aunt Sharon!) This is Ben at the wedding luncheon at Magelby's....yummm.  

And this is that night at the reception with all the cousins that were there.  So fun.

Now we're back to the temple in the morning where the tulips were in full bloom and so beautiful!  Ben loved to smell them and said "mmmmmmm" after each one.



MY boys

My goofy brother supposed to be taking a picture of us but instead decided to throw this gem in there.

Me, mom, Jenna and Aunt Pam (Mother of the groom!)

My brothers and dad..and beautiful Becca too!



Later at the luncheon Papa fed Ben some carrot cake...a highlight I am sure.






It was 3 hours past Ben's bedtime but we decided to wait until the dancing started so we could dance one dance together. :) After all he was leaving in just a few short hours and we don't often get to dance for reals!  


Miss him!
On Sunday morning we woke up at 5:30 and were out the door by 6 to go to the airport.  We got checked in pretty quick even though the line was long and there were a lot of people there, and then we, yes we, waited in the security line.  I stayed as long as I could and ducked through the security tape at the very last moment.  As I was walking away sobbing I realized that I had his phone! Oh no!  I ran my pregnant self as fast as I could back over to the line and squeaked his name as loud as my sobbing voice could...man I am sure it looked like a scene from a cheesy romance movie!  I barely caught him before he went through the screening thing and he had to weasel his way back through the crowd and grab his phone...we stole another quick kiss over a few stands of security lines and then he was gone again and I sobbed.  People were staring.  I didn't care.  I waited by the stairs until he got all the way through and I couldn't see him anymore...then I cried even harder and walked away.  More people stared.  I still didn't care.  When I got to the car I cried even harder...the ugly cry and finally found a way to drive home.  Dramatic huh?  Well that's us.  Our favorite place to be really is with each other so this next week and a half is going to be rough. 

Well when I got home we did the normal Sunday things but we also got to spend some time over at Natalie and Joe's.  It was fun for Ben to be around his cousins even though he was shy up until the very end.



Ben and Beckham...handsome boys!  Wish I had gotten more pics but everyone was moving so fast I couldn't snap any...hopefully we see them again soon. :)

Comments

Popular Posts