I love to hear the words "Everything's just perfect!" OR "This little guy is doing just exactly what he's supposed to!"  from my midwife at our appointments.  I love to hear his steady strong heartbeat from the old fashioned stethoscope.  I love knowing he's safe and sound in my belly...just waiting for the perfect time to come and meet us.  I think these feelings are a bit more heightened because of an experience a few weeks ago.  I think it was New Years day actually and Ben was just a lot more mellow that he's ever been before.  No hiccups, no making my belly roll like the waves of the ocean, no swift kicks in the ribs or groin.  Just a few soft movements here and there (or at least I made myself believe they were movements).  I of course started to worry and wonder if I should call Chris (my midwife).  I didn't...I just waited it out with faith.  I slept a lot that day (I was tired).  Well it turns out that Ben must have been too because the next day and continuing on like normal he's kickin my guts out!  Ah what a wonderfully uncomfortable feeling!!!  
I am now 38 weeks and feeling great.  Definitely feeling pregnant and 'tight' but feeling very blessed and healthy.  I can't wait for the experience of birthing Ben and then of course having him here.  I can't believe it's just a few short weeks away!  Well I guess any time now!  Just glad it didn't happen this weekend while we were down in Salt Lake!  Sure would have made my mom happy but no siree!  We are not quite ready here and it was probably dumb of me but we didn't pack anything 'just in case'.  I just had the attitude, "Nope, he's not coming this weekend, he just simply cant.".  :)  I still need to pack our bags, finish up last minute things on the nursery and rest some more. :)  



But thanks to my amazing friends and family this weekend we were given quite a haul of stuff for Ben that was a huge help!!  Thank you!!!  And now we get to enjoy the company of Lucie and Anita, David's mom here with us in Logan for today and part of tomorrow.  Definitely not long enough but we'll take what we can get!  



And Molly sure had a good time!!!

Comments

  1. It was such a fun weekend Anna!! Glad you kept Benjamin inside...it was Beckhams time!!! LOVe you!! Keep me informed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts