My Father


This is coming a day late because we were all down in SLC this weekend for a cousin's homecoming and some family get togethers.  Father's Day morning my dad received a big hug and a kiss from me.  I am sure he loved it and would say that's all he wanted but I wanted to write a little something about my dad and how wonderful he is. 

My dad is a good man.  He always has been and so when he became a Father, he of course was an amazing one and fit the role perfectly.  I truly am grateful for the opportunity and blessing I had of growing up under his roof and benefiting from his influence.  His genuine personality and honest character traits, his sense of humor, his testimony, his hard work and dedication, his love for his family and his parents, his humility and his selflessness are just a few of the benefits I am speaking of.

Thank you Dad for being who you are and teaching me, maybe without even realizing it, all I needed to know about being a good, honest, hard working person.  Teaching me about the gospel and helping inspire me to serve a mission.  Thank you for teaching me about what to look for in a eternal companion who would be as good to me and our future family as you are to Mom and us.  Thank you for continuing to work hard every day and bringing us all together.  Thank you for everything and much much more!  

I love you!!

Comments

  1. Very sweet my love...to the sweetest man alive!! I am full of gratitude for him and all my blessings...like you and all my kids!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys talking about me?? Thanks so much Anna. You really are my favorite daughter and now I will definitely keep you in the will...wohooo!

    Thanks for being a joy to help raise and being an example in so many ways to so many of those around you.
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts