About two weeks ago we were called into the Bishops office.  I was told that I would be released from my current calling to be sustained into another one.  Weird.  That had never happened to me before.  I mean I am sure it happens all the time, no big deal.  But this was weird for me. I had only ever been released from a calling because I was leaving.  I strangely felt that I had done something wrong (which was not the case apparently).  

Anyway, to make things worse, the Bishop didn't tell me what my new calling was to be! He just said, "It's something in Relief Society."  So I thought, "Well, my calling was already something in R.S.  Great!!  It's something more prominent or on the surface!  Oh dear Heavenly Father, please don't let it be a Relief Society Teacher!"  

At that moment, I knew I had jinxed myself into that exact calling.  Stupid, stupid, stupid!  For days I dreaded and dreaded my life as a Relief Society Teacher.  And this not out of ignorance but out of pure experience.  I had been a R.S. teacher in my singles ward right after I got off my mission.  AND I am pretty sure that I inspired multiple women in that poor room to never go on a mission because somehow it makes you MORE incapable of teaching. :) 

Needless to say it was not a pleasant experience.  And I have yet to understand or fully admit to myself why I felt completely comfortable teaching strangers about things they'd sometimes never heard about but wanted to die when trying to teach a room full of sisters that knew exactly what I was talking about!  Whatever it is, I figure it can't be good.  

Anyway, my husband finally got the call to meet with the Bishop again..."Here we go!" I thought!  In his office, I felt my dear husband squeeze my hand a little tighter as we waited for the rest of the words to escape the bishops mouth..."Relief Societyyyy.......Music Coordinator!!  

Hehe I wish you could hear my giggle.  Oh Heavenly Father does love me!!!  I knew it all along but what a tender mercy of the Lord to extend such a fun and meaningful calling to me!  Of course He knows how much I love music and how much I don't love teaching R.S.!  This was just an outright, "I love you Anna!" from my Heavenly Father.  

So it got me to thinking...I think He gives us a lot of those moments, not just the, 'I wanna teach you something' or 'You need to do something hard to learn this specific thing' but the, 'I love you and here's to make you smile'.  The problem is, at least with me, that I don't see them all the time because I am focusing on the negative things...or the things that are in fact positive but I choose to make them negative.  Sad.

Well this was, go figure, a lesson learned as well!  I am just so grateful for an all knowing God who is my Father and knows what is best for me.  He knows my heart and He knows how to make me happy.  

And I am.  

Comments

  1. Cute, cute my love! Im happy that you are happy!! You do know that you are being too hard on yourself...Im sure you were just great as a RS teacher...but I can relate completely!!! COMPLETELY!! I have to teach the combined lesson in young womens this Sunday..and once again Im sick about it!! And...get this...the lesson is about the temple endowment!!! ugh!!! how tough is that??!! Congrats on the fun new call! You'll be terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts