July Celebrations!

July started off fun and has not stopped! First it was my birthday where we did kabobs on the grill and my hubby made me the most decadent chocolate cake I've ever had!  That weekend my cousin Stephanie was in town for a visit so she took me out for birthday breakfast which was extremely enjoyable. I loved spending time with her and I love her. (Kicking myself for not taking pictures of us!!!)
My hubby felt the need to take pictures of me doing yoga on my birthday.

Kabob making is for everyone!

Next was the 4th of July and so of course what 4th celebration would be complete without a parade! Mt. Pleasant's parade did not disappoint! But is it just me or did parades just recently become ALL about the candy?! We left with a bag full of the stuff. Seems like they used to be about how wonderful and big and creative the floats but now it's about how much candy you can throw off. I really enjoyed myself watching my kids have a blast but I also couldn't help looking around and seeing sugar crazed kid addicts running around frantically for their next fix. Ha!


That night was the fireworks in Moroni. Small town celebration with long time traditions and good music. I love celebrating freedom with these traditions. Such happy memories!



One of the traditions in Moroni is races by age. By participating you get a quarter but if you get 1st or 2nd you get a $2 bill or $1! It's always fun watching the boys run. I say always but this was only our second year here! haha! But this year David decided to run in the 40+ category and he won! Twice!  Ya baby!





This is the one night of the year we let our kids stay up this late! It's totally worth it! We love fireworks!


Very grateful for this beautiful country we live in! 



Next, it was time to send out the invites for William's birthday! He decided to do a pool party and since he's still getting to know people in the ward he wanted to invite the kids in the class above and below him. William is such a sweet boy who craves friendship and connection. I pray all the time that he can find a special friend to connect with.  He still talks about how he misses his friend from Logan.

Beach ball invites! Off we go to deliver them! 


The day before his birthday he wanted to go camping with his dad and spend the day fishing...his favorite thing next to legos. So they enjoyed their time up at Grassy Lake, just the two of them, well three of them if you include Apollo. 




William is always picking me flowers...even if I'm not there. Sweet, sweet boy.

The day of his party many, many friends showed up. So many that I think he might have been overwhelmed. I think he's like me in that he prefers to have one on one friend time...but it was still a blast. He had a snow cone machine and a jumbo slide and cupcakes too! 


I still can't get over that he's 9! 

Next up in news is that we have officially decided to travel in our fifth wheel for now! We looked at many, MANY different motorhome options, so many that we got tired of it. And in the end we decided that it wasn't the best decision for us right now. We are a bit nervous about traveling across the country in this but we feel like we can make it work and it will be for the best. 

So I have officially started planning our route to Michigan which is going to be significantly longer now that we are doing the fifth wheel than if we had done a motorhome. I am thinking about 2 weeks. This is not an easy task! How do you narrow down all the cool things to see along the way? Well, I'll do my best and I know we will have an adventure no matter what. Now, our to do list for improving the rv has changed a bit. I don't care so much about wallpaper as I do about travel proofing the kitchen for quicker 'take off'. 

That's it for now! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts