My Birth Journey: Continued

I am getting so stinking excited to meet our little man.  I just can't believe that in 3 months we do get to meet him and he will be all ours!  To cuddle and snuggle and love like crazy!  It seems too good to be true.  And honestly I am getting pretty excited about the process of bringing him into the world.  5 months ago I don't think I could say that while being completely honest with myself.  I attribute this to many different things.  Birth is such a beautiful, wonderful, peaceful miracle!  I didn't look at it this way before!  To me it was a scary unknown 'duty' that had to just be dealt with in order to have the wonderful end product. :)  Our bodies are amazing.  I now have complete faith that my body was built to give birth naturally, quietly and peacefully.  I do not need intervention (unless of course there is some unknown problem). 

This week in Hypnobabies class we learned another 'tool' to use during our birthing time that will help me to relax enough to allow my body just 'do' what it was made to do.  We learned how amazing the muscles of the uterus are!  And how if you can teach yourself to relax and trust in your body, that your body will do the work and childbirth will be less painful.  Pain in childbirth actually comes when we resist the natural flow of things and tense up, and are scared.  I so appreciate these tools and just pray that I can really utilize them when the fun begins!

I love how involved my 'birth partner' or hubby is going to be and how his voice and touch has become such a calming and relaxing cue to me.  One of the scripts that he reads to me has a certain point where he presses firmly on my shoulder and says 'Relax' and each time my body just melts like butter into deep relaxation.  It's amazing, it really is.  Before Hypnobabies I didn't realize how deeply my body could relax.

The influence and power of the mind are extraordinary.  It's like weight lifting.  If you train your mind enough in a certain way and everyday, then it can dramatically effect the way you react or don't react in certain situations.  I love the way my mind has been trained over the last few weeks.  Love it.  It's all so positive with beautiful and wonderful messages just being 'pounded' (in a soft nice way of course) into my brain.  All while teaching myself to relax.  And let me tell you!  I can relax!!!  Last night while doing what's called my 'Deepening CD' I seriously couldn't feel my body it just felt like I was non exsistant or something...like a light fluffy spirit!  I was so relaxed I felt like I was going to melt through my bed sheets and disappear if I wasn't careful!  It was awesome! And the best part is when I come to full awareness again I have lots of energy!  I am telling you, the mind is amazing.

Comments

  1. So COOL dear!!! Im excited to watch this in action!! Keep up the good practicing!! 3 months will be here before you know it!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts